Re: today

  • Subject: Re: today
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:46:06 -0700

Used to be a big one that hung around the plantation. It ate squirrels, which was okay by me.

On Jul 9, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Well, in defense of my mother in law killing one - it had eaten 20
eggs!  They had 9 children in that family and relied on the eggs for
food...and she wasn't about to let it get by with eating 20 of her
eggs.  Some of those chicken/rat snakes can get HUGE!!  My mother
killed one when I lived out on the farm in Enid, Oklahoma.  She didn't
know what kind of snake it was, but it was slithering up the pole on
our swing set and was already at the top of the swingset...and it's
tail had not even left the grass yet.  Dad said it was about 8 feet
long...and was upset that mom killed it.  He would have put it in the
barn to eat the mice.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95