Re: today

  • Subject: Re: today
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:43:06 -0700

All this snake stuff reminds me of when I finally got the plantation listed for sale. First group to come look was an Eastern European couple [I decided this based on his haircut and how they sort of resembled the Ukrainians across the street] and one of their mothers. While the agent and the couple were ranging through the rooms, the older woman came over to me and asked in a low voice, almost a whisper: "Are snakes here?" I smiled. "This is Florida, ma'am," I said. "There are snakes everywhere." They decided not to buy the house.