From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:43 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] today

All this snake stuff reminds me of when I finally got the plantation
listed for sale. First group to come look was an Eastern European
couple [I decided this based on his haircut and how they sort of
resembled the Ukrainians across the street] and one of their mothers.
While the agent and the couple were ranging through the rooms, the
older woman came over to me and asked in a low voice, almost a
whisper: "Are snakes here?" I smiled. "This is Florida, ma'am," I
said. "There are snakes everywhere." They decided not to buy the house.