Re: today

  • Subject: Re: today
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:23:16 -0400

Grayman caught up to a small (2.5' rat snake) last fall. It got into the house as the weather cooled and I first spotted it going underneath an antique chest of drawers in the living room. Over several weeks, we could tell where it was by where Gray was. He'd station himself by one bookshelf or another, sometimes pulling out books to get to his prize.

I was really worried, since the kitten weighed less than a pound when the saga started, and my vet said that a snake that size could take out an animal less than 3 pounds.

DH finally caught the snake by throwing a towel over him and got him out of the house. It was one of those conversations, "Daryl! Grab the cats! " He rarely calls me by name, so that, and the subject alerted me. I snagged Gray and the kitten and got them out of the way and he was able to get the snake outside. Not before it suffered some puncture wounds, unfortunately.