Re: today/snakes

We used to carry around the baby garter snakes when i was a kid.  My
older sister got bit once, startled her, but she said if felt like a
mosquito bite.  We used to bring them to my mom just to freak her out.
Mom was never distressed by much of anything (she spent time on her
grandma's farm in Florida in the mid to late 40's), but she hated
snakes, and was convinced that any mouse in the house had the singular
plan to crawl up her pants leg or up the sheets to get into her bed.
Kind of funny coming from the woman who accidently cut off several toes
with the lawn mower, calmly hobbled inside (with the decapitated toes in
her hand) and called both the ambulance and a friend to come take care
of us kids.  P.S.  They did manage to reattach the toes.

Theresa