Re: The Devil's Garden -> Killing Ivy

  • Subject: Re: The Devil's Garden -> Killing Ivy
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:23:20 -0500

Hi-Yield brand Turflon Ester Specialty Herbicide.
A liquid. Active ingredient: Triclopyr: 3,5,6-tricloro-2 pyridinyloxyacetic acid, butoxyethyl ester. I had gone to Ag-Plus looking for Brush-B-Gone as I couldn't find it anywhere else. Matt suggested this would work even though it is labeled for annual & perennial broadleaf weeds. It did. This was last year.

I don't recall exactly how I mixed it, but the odd thing about Turflon Ester is that it doesn't give a specific mixing ratio. It just says 3/4 oz per 1000 sq ft in enough water to provide uniform coverage. So I think I just added it to the regular mix of roundup.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>