Re: What's wrong with my zucchini?

  • Subject: Re: What's wrong with my zucchini?
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:15:03 EDT

Sorry, Cyndi.  I've grown zucchini for many years but the only problem
I ever had was from borers.  If I watched closely and caught it in time
I could split the stem, pick out the borer, throw some dirt over the
injured stem and it would probably recover.  The past two years,
however, I have not been able to get any squashes established.
I have planted seeds repeatedly, both in the garden and in the
house under lights.  In the garden I am sure chipmunks dug up
the seed and ate them, for I found the empty hulls lying around.
When I put the ones I had started in peat pots indoors out on the
screened porch to harden, they were pulled out of the pots and
broken up - again chipmunks, I guess.  Most discouraging season
I have ever had.
In a message dated 7/15/2009 6:06:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

I don't grow it either Cyndi - I don't have the room (and can't afford the
water).  I'm sorry!

> I've never grown zucchini....sorry.  I should, cause I love it, but
> haven't done it.
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95
> CS/SCOSI<cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:
> > No theories from anyone?
> >
> > Cyndi

**************Snoop, Lil Wayne, Lady GaGa -- land the tix you need for this