Re: legend

  • Subject: Re: legend
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:35:35 -0500

a hybrid I got from Thompson Morgan. It is very meaty, nice and sweet, great substance. I'm not an expert on tomatoes and this was a long awaited first fruit from my first try in mannnnnnnny years at growing a slicing tomato, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I've only occasionally grown a cherry tomato in the past 15 years. They're wonderful!

Bush (Determinate). Tomato Legend is a remarkable tomato variety, in recent trials showing impressive blight tolerance in a garden situation. Legend was bred in the USA by Dr. Jim Baggett at Oregon State University. Both Thompson & Morgan and Dr Baggett believe Legend could be the answer to many gardeners' prayers to help overcome this most destructive disease. A heavy crop of large glossy red fruits of up to 180g (6oz) in weight are produced on plants with a determinate (bushy) habit. The fruits of Tomato Legend are a slightly flatter shape, and almost seedless, early ripening, and have excellent flavour.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5