Re: More pet product recall
  • Subject: Re: More pet product recall
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 12:51:05 -0500

Not separate feeding this time. Both Seamus & Slugger will eat z/d canned and dry. I see they now also have hypoallergenic treats. No corn, dairy, or fish are the main things I need to look for. Locally z/d is $6 a pound. I did find a place on line that, with a discount, I can get it down to $5.53. I also found mention on message boards of the abilty to get coupons from Hills.

Making their food? That's a thought; I could ask the doctor. I don't know how easy or economical that might be to ensure they get all the nutrients they need.

I had them on Felidae Platinum for awhile and, though it seemed to reduce his fits a bit, it wasn't good enough. It has fish & egg. I'm going to have to keep an eye on Seamus while they're on z/d though. I don't think it provides any benefit against FUS.

I just don't understand why ANY cat food has to cost that much.

neIN, Zone 5