Re: little flower
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: little flower
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:48:06 EDT

Don't think so, Zem, but thanks anyway.  I'll just have to talk to
people at Bluestorn, but this has been such a terribly hectic
month that I haven't had time to pursue the matter.  Doesn't
matter as much now, anyway, as the need to know is past.

What's blooming right now in my mostly burned-out garden
is a great stand of blue Stokesias.  Most years the deer get
them before they have a chance to show off, but so far - knock
wood - the deer have been much less destructive than many
years in the past.  I have a sentimental attachment to the blue
Stokesias, since at the first flower show I remember - I must
have been four or five - my grandmother won a blue ribbon on
her Stokesias.  I've been hooked on flower shows ever since.
My grandmother was not a grower - she had a gardener - but
she really liked to have the "latest" and to win blue ribbons.
Auralie

In a message dated 7/16/2010 9:35:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,