Re: To Gene
  • Subject: Re: To Gene
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:35:49 -0500

I've been going to the same GP for 47 years. When I was old enough to go on my own, my mother cautioned me to make a list of what I wanted to know before I got there. My mother had quite a few health issues and she knew from experience that he will stay and answer your questions for as long as you're asking them. But then he's got to run. The nurses are very helpful though. And if I come up w a question later, they'll always go check with him for an answer for me.

I don't go to the dr unless truly necessary because, like you, I hate the wasted time. Last time, I got there at 1:45 for a 2pm appointment. They siad he was delayed with a surgery; would be there by 2:30. At 3 pm I just told them I could not stay any longer and I left. Why is a GP still performing surgeries past age 70? At least he no longer delivers babies.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>

Hello Judy
It is the usual.... large collection of a specialty... this case
urologists... they have a form and a handout for every step... just tick the
boxes. No one really talks to you any more.. they don't have the time, I
suppose. What information I get is from asking the nurses as they work with
me. But... you have to know what questions to ask and when to ask them.
Everything is a process....
All of our appointments are 45 minutes to full
hours' drive each way from home.
Most of this is a disruption to normal life and although necessary,
it is resented.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC