From: "james singer" <inlandjim1@q.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:44:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rather sad

I tend to think that if growing beets will get kids to the botanic
gardens, then let's grow beets. Most of the BGs that I've been a
member of or a volunteer at, have focused on attracting old farts,
like myself, because, in theory, we have the power of endowments. But
money isn't the problem; relevance is.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley