Re: Rather sad
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Rather sad
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:47:19 EDT

That's really sad, Bonnie.  Flower shows are one of the joys of my life.  I
fell
in love with flower shows when I was about four years old and my grandmother
had an entry in the local club's show - that club in the Florida panhandle
still
exists, and I have been in touch with it in recent years. When we moved to
New
York in 1953, a friend gave me a ticket to the big flower show in the old
Wanamaker building, which burned down a few years later.  One at the
Colisseum in the early 60's was a real high point.  Then I joined a garden
club and one of my first acts was to participate in a flower show.  Since
that time I have been involved in, if not always chairman of, probably 40
flower shows, and almost all of them have been a pleasure.  There is a
point in the preparations when everything seems to be pure chaos, but
then a time comes when it's like jello setting and everything comes together
to create a lovely scene of peace and harmony.
Forgive me for running on so, but I really think it's sad that you have not
ever seen a flower show.  You will probably not be as charmed as I by one,
but you will surely find something of interest and pleasure in any show.
Auralie

In a message dated 7/29/2010 9:30:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,