Re: Rather sad
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Rather sad
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:23:57 EDT

You should at least look at their shows.  I admit some clubs are
"snooty," though less and less these days, but Federated clubs,
as opposed to Garden of America clubs, are real meritocracies.
You are appreciated for the work you do, and status is gained
by achievement. Aside from that, I just feel that the pleasure you
would get from a well-organized show is something you should
experience.  I admit I'm a bit nuts, but a flower show is a special
event.  Everyone involved is trying to make the best effort possible.
You demonstrate what you have accomplished both artistically
by flower arrangements, and horticulturally by exhibiting the very
best specimens you can grow.  It's a real ego trip, I know, but
I really think you would enjoy a good flower show.
Auralie

In a message dated 7/29/2010 10:15:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,