Re: pruning an avocado
  • Subject: Re: pruning an avocado
  • From: James Singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:28:12 -0700

Had a wonderfully productive avocado once that I top pruned (butchered some
would say) to keep most of the fruit within hand-held picker range. Didn't
seem to hurt the tree or impede its growth or fruiting in any way. So I'd say
give it a try.

And that re-awakens one of my pet peeves--all fruit trees are headed too damn
high. By the time they fruit, you need a stepladder to harvest.
Why not grow them as modified shrubs? Only Louis XVI would object... but he
didn't have harvest his own.

"I will believe corporations are citizens when Texas executes one."