From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 10:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: rohdea

Theresa, there are many zone designations for them, however, I'll go
with a post from Dr. James Waddick in Kansas City, MO, who has grown
them with no problems for 15 years - he says, even the fancy ones.
They defoliated at -23F but did not die; came back from the roots.
He says z5 for sure and possibly reliable a zone north of him.

They do look a bit like houseplants, but are not.  My largest one is
maybe 15" tall or so...could probably reach about 18" tall if
fantastically happy.

Yes, they want shade and tolerate dry shade.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :