From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 3:08 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RE: [CHAT guy topics< duct tape

In a message dated 06/06/2003 1:17:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> Only works if your hubby is handy with tools:-)  Mine is not.  We have

> a saying around here regarding him and anything remotely
> toolish...."John Lewis, you git away from that wheelbarrow, you know
> you don't know nothin' about machinery" (stolen from Brother Dave
> Gardener)...but very applicable - this is a man who can't figure out
> how to use a fax machine or copier.  He can barely work the toaster.
> Luckily, youngest stepson is good at things like servicing lawn mowers

> and building stuff...he's my right hand for all the jobs I just can't
> manage!

How come so many of us competent gardening women end up with husbands
like
that?  I have one good gardening friend whose husband is as ardent a
gardener as
she is - how I envy her. My dh was apparently quite good at management
and
personnel matters, but things physical or mechanical just don't interest
him.
All three of my sons are "techies" of one sort or another and are each
very
good in his chosen field - and all of them garden.  My husband is proud
of them
but totally can't relate to any of them.
Do any of you gardening guys have any insight into this matter? Auralie