RE: Texas gardening (a day in the life)

Well, Pam,
I was out there much of the day, too, but didn't accomplish nearly as much
- but enough.
I moved the last of the 8yds of soil, removed the fabric and forked the bed
- about 12x15 ft.  The maple roots were splayed all flat on the soil
surface beneath the fabric.  Called the guy with the monster tiller - he'll
till it for me Monday.
Then tackled the water situation.  New attachments for the newly naked
spigot.  Then the back spigot's hose reel had an unfixable leak -bad case
of rust - so changed over to a new  hose reel, also with new attachments,
washers, etc.
Then up to the roof.  The roofer was surprised that I still use an antenna,
but he put it back up - facing in the wrong direction.  Up and down the
ladder for nearly an hour trying to get he darn thing aimed right.  If CBS
is good, NBC is blurry.  If NBC is ok, there is no CBS.  May have to go for
cable one of these days.
Deadhead a long row of peonies b4 the heads fall apart.  Watered and moved
plant sfor next week's MG plant sale.  No end in sight for those maple
seedlings, just keep on pulling them.