Re: Odd occurrences

Hello Kitty,
    Gingers have woody seeds with a little "tail" of sugary goo on the end.
Ants can not resist the sugar, so they collect the seeds and drag them to
their tunnels. They can eat the sugar, but not the woody seeds.Thus planting
the seeds for the ginger.  This way one can find plants popping up quite a
distance from the parent plants. Perfectly normal. Many of the woodland
ephemeral plants have this relationship with ants. Violets is another plant
that uses ants to get around. Called Ant Farming.
    Corydalis have "exploding" seed pods to get their seeds away from the
parents. Doubt they threw a seed that far, but you could have picked it up
on your shoe, bird could have move the seed, many options including weather,
etc. Seeds must get around.... and they do.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com