Re: now, chores of yesterday

I spent yesterday finishing weeding the swamp. (You haven't lived until you've weeded a swamp!) It actually took me 3 days, adding up the time spent there. Included smothering my most foolish planting idea (Houttuynia cordata) and hacking back my second most foolish idea (Rosa palustra). From the look of it, I have my third most foolish under control (Spartina pectinata). Of course, while I was doing errands, DH went out and bought rocks, including an 800 pounder which placing wreaked havoc on the adjacent lawn. Then I noticed the deer have again discovered the hollyhocks which may not live to bloom, but maybe if I keep them, the deer won't discover the more expensive plants???
Frustrating as it is, a day gardening beats one cleaning the house!
Cathy