RE: PURPLE! My new neutral!

> new loves!...columbines until this year....once I saw their alien-like
> flowers, I was hooked (no pun intended)!

Fran,
From your description, I assume you mean the spurred columbines.
Eventually you'll have to get doubles (no spurs) and Granny's Bonnets.  and
don't forget the diminutive ones - full size flowers on plants only 6
inches tall!  Most are generous about self-sowing, so watch for babies
coming up here and there in the coming years.
Re:
> - coreopsis,..
> yarrow, rudebeckia (sp???)....salvia
These are all sun plants here.  Hopefully you're not all shade.  However, I
do have Japanese Yellow Sage that takes deep shade.
Re:
> a tribute to Roswell - flowers and plants that look like the aliens
brought
My family likes to joke about my Jurassic Park Plants.  It started with
Plume Poppy - about 8ft tall and now any big plant gets them into JP jokes.

Kitty

I've
> planted this spring.  What I realized is that I've been using purple as a
> neutral for trying to tie together my pinks/blues/lavendars to the
sections
> with yellows.
>
> Although my initial intent was for the soft pastels and layout of an
English