Re: Houttuynia cordata, smoke bush

In a message dated 6/10/03 6:34:23 AM, chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

<< I was thinking of Cotinus 'Royal Purple'.  Will it keep
its color all season?  How big can I expect it to grow?  >>

Chris, I have had one in my garden for about 11 yrs.  It does retain its
great foliage color.  This is one of the plants I stool each spring (approx 3').
From reading, this helps retain the color but my purpose is twofold.  I want
to control the height.
    Last week I was wishing for rain and rain we got .... lots of rain!
    Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5