Re: vacation.....HA!

I suspect Kitty is correct. Did you notice the tails? Voles have short tails, compared to mice. As to their elimination, cats do a pretty good job.
Cathy
On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 09:44 PM, Donna wrote:
For those in my area, what are the small brown things that look like a
cute mouse? Found a family, very bold I might add.... As I was taking
out some overgrown areas, hear the rustling. Thought it was a snake, so
continued being careful not to grab it. (nothing but gardener type here)

Out comes this little brown thing....with a baby crossing the path to
head over to where I am not working... bold, just a few feet away from
me... then mother heads back, gets another baby, turning so cute to make
sure the baby could get over the edging... then again... finally the
runt of the litter, which couldn't make it, so she picked it up and
carried it to safety...

Ok they got to go, but what are they and how?

Donna
IL, Zone 5