Re: vacation.....HA!

Actually, I think field mice are cute as all get out.  They're the
ones with huge black shoe-button eyes and little pink rubber eraser
noses - fawn color with lighter tummies.  Raised a couple of babies
once and hated when it came time to release them....voles are NOT
cute.  I have never had any plant damage from field mice and there
are tons of them around here...voles is another story; many a tulip
gone; many a lily lost; many a hosta with the guts eaten out of it,
etc., etc.   Field mice eat mainly seeds and some insects and
possibly some fruit, I think - of course, if they get in the house,
they'll eat bread crumbs and other stuff if they can find it.  Voles
eat roots, bulbs and rhizomes.  I have NOTHING good to say about
voles...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Donna  <justme@prairieinet.net>
>
> Hum.... will have to check out the tail. Once it stop raining, I
will go
> out and see if I can have her move the family again... this time I
will
> be ready with a camera:)
>
> Guessing I will be heading to the store for some mouse traps...
what do