From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:21 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hydrangea serrata 'Woodlander'

Lynda,
Still nothing, but I've asked the folks at Hydrangeas Plus if they know
of it. Will let you know.
It does sound like a stunner. I just ordered another one myself H. mac.
'Lemon Wave', a lacecap. Leaves are splotched green, cream, silver,
white.

I had more dieback this winter than last as it was a much harsher
winter, but all my hydrangeas are coming back fine. I see buds, but it's
too early for bloom here, especially since it's been so overcast and
cool.

Kitty

> We purchased this hydrangea last weekend and haven't been able to find
anything on it.  I guess it's new to the market because a web search
hasn't turned up much.  Is anyone familiar with this one?  The foliage
alone is lovely - dark green mottled with burgandy and red (at least, I
hope this is a plant characteristic and not evidence of mistreatment and
stress - the plant looks healthy and strong).

Also picked up H. macrophylla 'Nigra' - couldn't resist those black
stems.

This year has been absolutely perfect for hydrangeas in our area.  We
have never had such a spectacular blooming period - even those species
we've never had much luck with are rewarding us with gorgeous displays.
Makes me wish for long cool, wet springs every year (not a chance, tho).

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN