From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] H. serrata, now deer
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:12:19 -0500

It is time to get hints from you who are battling them - on deer deterrents and plants unappetizing to those beasts. I am about to go into serious depression. Each night they destroy my shady area a bit more...in a week, I will have nothing left. A deer fence is not an option because they would simply go around it from my neighbor's property. (and I have 2.5 acres.
Cathy