From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Ray & Nora Edwards
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 11:12 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] uses --Feverfew?

O.K. you have my attention. What's wrong with fever few exactly ? I have it
in my yard and its really a very pleasant plant. I also have conservatively
a hundred or more bees. They are every where.
    It's a member of the sunflower family and has been used historically for
Migraines,fever and inflammation.There are no reports of toxicity in
people.The major active chemicals in the plant are fairly benign
(sequiterpene lactones principally parthenolide. essential oils
l-camphor,l-borneol,terpenes,and miscellaneous esters) Which one of these is
harming bees?

Nora