Re: swamp rose

Hmm...mine is located in the "wet" area of our yard, but the soil where it is planted has had several applications of wood chip mulch which has composted over the years. I wonder if my plant has avoided sending runners deeper because of the heavy clay soil it would have to push through if it did. Would explain why they are so easy to pull out, too.
Has yours bloomed yet this year? Mine is just setting buds, and I can't wait. The fragrance is heavenly.
Cathy