Re: Kansas City, Missouri

Hi Donna. I'm home now so I can answer this question. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is FANTASTIC..and very beautiful. If you have children going the Kaleidoscope is by Hallmark and gives kids a hands-on to creating things and it's very fun. Botanical garden - Powell Gardens. Shopping - the Westport area (old downtown) has eclectic shops and funky little restaurants. Very cool. The Plaza is more upscale and fancy, but has very, very nice shops and restaurants...and the view around there is breathtaking....fountains everywhere. You will love it. I loved it and I miss it terribly.

From: "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: [CHAT] Kansas City, Missouri
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:28:12 -0500

Curious if any of you are familiar with Kansas City Missouri....
anything worth while to see there? To do there?

Appears I am going to have to make a trip there this fall. Deciding if I
am going to fly in (as in nothing there but the convention to do) or
drive there (as in sneaking away to do something interesting).

Thanks in advance,
ps, off list replies are fine...