Re: Hydrangea

Hi Pam.....would think that you are far enough north and east to be able to
grow them very well??  Are you too far west?

I can't grow the typical Hydrangeas here at all, although someone suggested I
try the Oakleaf, since it is native to Tx.....I'm pushing it's boundaries,
but so far (since last fall) so good......in full shade, with ample waterings.
No clue if it will ever bloom though.  Will keep you posted.

Had heard that folks up in north Houston in the piney woods area of Tx. can
grow them well, since it is acidic soil, etc.   Went on a garden tour last Sat
w/ our Brom. society.  The folks had several hydrangeas growing successfully
and blooming (!! ) in part sun!!!!  I was so surprised.  He said they did well.
 Not sure if it is the soil or what.

P.S. Been having thunderstorms every day for over a week now.  The plants
LOVE it, but the have had to watch the ones that don't like that much water.  Not
going to say enough is enough...did that in Feb, then it quit raining for
months!!!
 Glad to hear you finally got rain too.

Noreen
zone 9