RE: buddleia, butterfly bush

Donna,
I've never had much luck with Buddleias. B.davidii cultivar came back 3 yrs
in a row then died, but it was always spindly looking. It was my
understanding that it was to be stooled not cut to the ground, but maybe
that's wrong and why mine didn't perform well.  I also tried B.
alternifolia, but it died to the ground 2 years and then just disappeared.
Less hardy than davidii.

Meanwhile, even though I personally don't need the rain, send it this way
to arrive about Friday.  It's my week to water the nursery beds at CES.
Yesterday's downpour should keep things nicely moist until then, and Sunday
begins someone else's turn.

Kitty