From: Melody [mailto: mhobertm@excite.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 05:37:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Book Help please

Jesse: Sorry, I can't help with the book thing but here is something I
community of men who in the Trappist tradition are<br>self supporting
through their own labor; while I don't think they make<br>the wine
themselves, one of their business ventures is the Abbey
Wine<br>Warehouse, a storage facility for wineries in the western part
of the<br>U.S. They also run a book binding business, a bakery, and
something to<br>do with forestry. I myself have personal experience with
a lovely<br>monastic community of women in Madison, Wisconsin...it is
the place I<br>sought refuge after the trying months following my
brother's suicide.<br>The sisters there helped me to find a focus and a
balance in my life<br>that had been previously lost amid the stress I
was under. There are<br>monastic communi

ties all over the country, literally hundreds of<br>them...most of them
with the coming weekend. Tell Neil congratulations from<br>all of us and
for all your kids to be looking for mail from my kids!<br>They miss them
soooooooooooooooooooooo much! Amazing how well they all<br>connected,
beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." <br>--Albert
Einstein<br><br> --- On Wed 06/18, Jesse Bell <
jesserenebell@hotmail.com > wrote:<br>From: Jesse Bell [mailto:
jesserenebell@hotmail.com]<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Wed, 18
Jun 2003 21:29:36 -0500<br>Subject: [CHAT] Book Help
please<br><br>*Sigh*, O.K. I'm at my wits ends. Last weekend I saw an
article in one<br>of <br>my MANY gardening magazines on "Black and White
Gardens" and they<br>mentioned <br>a book with a similar title. I know I
tore the page out so<br>I could look

million <br>things distracting me...my 16 year old son graduates<br>from
military school on <br>Saturday, family and friends coming, trying<br>to
sell my house, husband <br>looking for new job, kids home for
the<br>summer, etc. ANYWAY...I have torn <br>the place up looking for
this. My<br>question is: Does anybody have any IDEA <br>about a book
that has to do<br>with "black and white gardening". It was about
magic <br>elephant ears",<br>etc.) mixed with vivid white plants. I want
to do a garden <br>like<br>that. I've searched the internet, called
bookstores and can't seem to<br><br>find anything by that name. Any help
tired...my soul is<br>tired. After graduation...I <br>think I would like
to find a monastery<br>that specializes in making <br>wines...and go
hide ther

e for a week. NO<br>phone, no T.V., no husband, no <br>children, no job,
no animals. Just me<br>and monks going about their business <br>acting
this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the<br>message<br>text
Excite! -

most personalized portal on the

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com