Re: was swamp rose/now Summer Poinsettia

Sure I LOVE it.  Being a native it does very well in our soils, climate,
etc........just too well in good soil.  It has reseeded so badly, that I literally
am pulling them out of every flowerpot, crack in the walkway, lawn, even the
gutters, etc. etc.  Wrote into both the Master Naturalist and MG plant swap
lists to have them come and get these plants.  I can't see the other
plants!!!!!!!
Love the pink Salvia too, especially the hummingbirds that will choose it
over the feeders....but when you can't see the Hibiscus or other plants because
the Poinsettia and Salvia have taken over, then it's time to THIN OUT.
Another problem child, the Jewel of Opar.....and let's not forget the Ruellia
from Hellia.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast