From: "Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Book Help please
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 05:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

Jesse: Sorry, I can't help with the book thing but here is something I can help with:

Our Lady of Guadalupe Trappist Abbey
PO Box 97
Layfayette, OR 97127-0097

email for general inquiries:
community@trappistabbey.com

This is a monastic community of men who in the Trappist tradition are
self supporting through their own labor; while I don't think they make
the wine themselves, one of their business ventures is the Abbey Wine
Warehouse, a storage facility for wineries in the western part of the
U.S. They also run a book binding business, a bakery, and something to
do with forestry. I myself have personal experience with a lovely
monastic community of women in Madison, Wisconsin...it is the place I
sought refuge after the trying months following my brother's suicide.
The sisters there helped me to find a focus and a balance in my life
that had been previously lost amid the stress I was under. There are
monastic communities all over the country, literally hundreds of
them...most of them have guest facilities for personal retreats.

Wish you luck with the coming weekend. Tell Neil congratulations from
all of us and for all your kids to be looking for mail from my kids!
They miss them soooooooooooooooooooooo much! Amazing how well they all
connected, isn't it? Miss you guys!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein