Re: Re: Buddleia

Noreen wrote:
>>Had
the same
problems as you, Kitty.....spindly growth, then eventually died.....Wonder what the similarities are that we
were not
able to grow it, and what DOES it need to grow <<

I don't think my problem was location. We have several Buddleias growing
thickly at our Display Gardens just a couple miles from me. Noone
touches them. No pruning, no care.

My first one that limped along and died in its 4th yr - well, I called
the supplier, Bluestone, to ask what I might have been doing wrong, and
they actually replaced it. I told him no, it wasn't the fault of their
product, that I just wanted info, but he insisted. The replacement
didn't do well either.

There are enough things that do quite well that also attract butterflies that I don't need to stew over these.

Kitty