Re: Hum.......+ slug stuff

> From: Kitty Morrissy <kmrsy@earthlink.net>
> > another bed in my woodland garden; planted them outside the pale
> Marge -
> Do you mean outside your fenced area?  Is that prudent?
 Yes, outside the fence.  Deer don't eat ferns and have never touched
this lot, which is hayscented fern - Dennstaedtia punctiloba.  Lovely
fern with visions of world domination.  I cleared by the road at the
drive this spring - well, part of it; got tired of looking at the
weedy bits and have been planting stuff out there that the deer don't
like...Miscanthus, Pennisetum, Spiraea, Tovara 'Painter's Palette',
Euphorbia and this fern.  Stuff I have a *lot* of.  Will let them
fight it out:-)  At least it will look better than what was there and
otherwise these children would be for the compost heap.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :