double campanula/ woes

This plant was discussed earlier, but I didn't save the thread. I saw one
tonight in a patient's room. A friend bought it for her at the local
Rosaur's (grocery). It was done up with a pot cover etc. Gorgeous little
periwinkle blue double rose form blossoms. I'll have to see if there are any
left tomorrow. Any reminders re hardiness etc. (name?) would be welcome.

I lost an established daphne, some heather, phlox, candytuft and one side of
my "Harry Lauder's walking stick" contorted filbert. Sewer district put in a
new meterbox. Apparently needed an 8x8 foot hole to put in an 8 inch meter &
pipe.
They told my husband to send them a bill for the plants they destroyed. That
area is now in deep shade so I picked up some hosta, an hydrangea, astilbe &
ferns. I think they're getting off cheap. Nothing for my labor or the worm
castings they carted off.

Judy B