Re: Hum.......+ slug stuff

In a message dated 06/23/2003 12:46:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> :-)  We had no rain today for
> the first day in many and it's supposed to hit the 90s this week -
> *with* humidity:-(  Actually, I'd take cool and rainy any day to 90s
> and humidity...

Marge, Sun's out here today, too, and everything is wilting right down.  83
degrees feels like a heat wave after the past two weeks of nothing above 62
degrees.  Most things have not been growing, but surprisingly, the peonies have
been the best in years.  Some blooms have been damaged by rain - heavy heads
weighted down with the wet - but even so they have been lovely.
Don't I remember that you said a couple of years ago that your Cornus kousa
wasn't performing up to expectations?  How is it this year.  Mine and others
around the area are spectacular right now.  Can't remember them being better.
Such a handsome tree.
Try to stay cool.           Auralie