Re: Hum.......+ slug stuff

Well, Auralie, the heat hit here today - hit 90 and supposed to go
higher tomorrow and Wed...fun!  Not too hideously humid today, but
that's supposed to build with the heat.

Aside from water damaged blooms on most everything, all plants here
(except the summer tropicals) have been in hog heaven.  My brugs are
setting buds and blooming, something most wait until fall to do when
it's cooler.

My C. kousa has hit its stride - lovely blooms last year and this and
even a good fruit set.  It is a handsome tree and with the coolish
weather, the flowers have lasted a good while - and have not been
bothered by all the rain like the azaleas, rhodies an peonies.  My
peonies are still trying to bloom, but the flowers really got creamed
by water this year.  Cut a few, tho' and they were so lovely and
fragrant.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> >
> Marge, Sun's out here today, too, and everything is wilting right
down.  83
> degrees feels like a heat wave after the past two weeks of nothing
above 62
> degrees.  Most things have not been growing, but surprisingly, the
peonies have
> been the best in years.  Some blooms have been damaged by rain -
heavy heads
> weighted down with the wet - but even so they have been lovely.
> Don't I remember that you said a couple of years ago that your
Cornus kousa