Re: Ruellia

Oops, I just read my post after trying to figure out what you meant Andrea.
I think I might have been misleading.  The "strawberry & cream" isn't pink
and white blooming, I meant to mention the three different types.   The new
"strawberry & cream" has variegated foliage.  White splotches on green, adding
pink coloration to it
during cooler climates.  (An analogy for the water gardeners.....much like
the Korean water celery does.)   It is new on the market as of last fall.  I've
only had mine since then.  It does lose the pink in the heat, but retains much
of the variegation.  Will see if the pink comes back in the fall then.
Flowers are purple.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast