Re: slugs/toads & frogs

Did you mean that the bullfrog is not native to your area? Rana catesbeiana is a North American native amphibian, at least to the area east of the high plains. It is our largest frog, and eats anything it can get into its mouth including baby birds and (reportedly) bats! We discovered this to our dismay, when DH discovered one trapped in the sieve around the pump for our pond in late fall. He brought it in and put it into the terrarium with our firebellied toads. Needless to say, it thought it had died and gone to heaven! After one toad disappeared and the others cowered and refused to come out in the open, the bullfrog got his own quarters until spring!
Cathy