RE: now gravel rocks-Clematis & Rocks

I do not use gravel in my planting areas, but do use the small pea
gravel as walkways around my deck and pond. It is 3-4inchs deep. Since
this is in full sun, the stones on top are hot and dry. Under the top
layer, they are moist and cool. A quick toe dig will show a difference
of color noting this. Even my dog will dig a inch and make herself a
cool bed to lay in while I am working out there. (not that I am happy
about it, but she seems to prefer it to the deck or grassy areas)...

Another noticeable item is.... every seed that lands in the gravel seems
to sprout! Often thought about starting my yearly seeds in gravel
instead of soil! :)

Donna