Seed available

Marge,
When I came home last night the pod sections had dried and separated and a
few were open at the top exposing the seed, while the stem leaves etc were
all brown.  Happened quickly once it got started. Though you thought it
might take longer, you may not have been aware that this is a much earlier
variety than other Crown Imperials. So I think they are ready.  I opened a
section to see what I had and there were oodles of seed in there.  This
section of pod I scattered and scratched into the soil near the original
plant.

I didn't want to offer until I knew what I was dealing with, but if anyone
wants some of this seed I'd be glad to share.  Let me know soon as, from all
accounts, chances are enhanced when seed is sown fresh or nearly so.

This is one of the smaller Crown Imperial species with stems of between 30
and 45cm.  Very early in the year this is topped with a crowded whorl of
bright straw-yellow flowers.  As well as being remarkably early, this is one
of the most hardy and frost resistant species of the whole genus.  Below is
a web photo I found, but it shows the flowers to be a brighter yellow.  Mine
were much softer.

http://www.hillkeep.ca/images/H.Fritillaria_raddeana_996-005cu.jpg

Kitty