Re: habitat and ponds

Just adding from my experience.  We have several watergardens of various
types.  Some are in ground ponds....some large, some small.  We have tubs, etc. of
varying sizes above ground.   All the in-ground ponds get used by amphibians.
 The tubs with the high edges don't get used, although I have to fish a toad
out of there every once in a while, never see any tadpoles.  The above ground
with many plants and lower edges get used by the toads, but not so much the
frogs.......I think and have been told, that these tubs (about the size of
whiskey barrels) aren't large enough for frogs.

Toad tadpoles are much much smaller than frog tadpoles.  Toad tadpoles get
about an inch or so max.  where a frog tadpole is much larger, getting to 3 or 4
inches, maybe more.  My treefrog tadpoles get to about 2 inches.   So a small
tub is not necessarily suitable for a whole bunch of them.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast