From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 8:03 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] native/wild bees- and other good bugs

I have several. A water lily, Thalia dealbata, and some Parrot's Feather in
one, Watermint , Juncus and Water Canna in another. The plants outside the
tubs include evergreens and perennials.

By the way, I learned a trick from a friend with a vineyard. She says to
screw the hoops onto the barrel while the barrel is still fresh. That way,
the hoops don't fall off as the wood shrinks.

Daryl