Re: SallyAnn's Lily

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 6/29/03 6:38:33 PM, garrideb@well.com writes:

<< I wouldn't vote for Hymenocallis. >>

I agree with you, Jim, but I had some for several years that were given to me as Hymenocallis which did not have that spider look.
Ceres
Interesting, Ceres; do you have a picture of it ?
So far as I know, Hymenocallis are native to Florida and Texas,
and so presumably to Louisiana. They are estuarine plants, growing
by stream and lake beds and maybe bogs. In other words, water-lovers.
How do you grow yours ? Do you keep them in the ground year 'round
in what, zone 5 ?
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher