Re: SallyAnn's Lily

SallyAnn wrote:
I live in St. Augustine -North Florida..It definitely isn't a Daylilly or an
Easter lily..Have both--a real mystery, The leaf of the lily resembles an
amaryllis or crinum ( rather
broad and average length. The flower stalk was similar to an amaryllis
and the flower similar in size, but slightly cupped or bell shaped and
as I mentioned, incredibly fragrant. ...
   Hmm. Could you give me an estimate of average leaf size, length
and width ? And dimensions of the flower, natural spread, depth
from the front 'face' back to the start of the pedicel and an
ideal of the max. width of the sepals and petals ? And maybe
height of the stalk from ground to where the flower cluster starts
to branch ? And being so far South, I assume yours stay in the
ground all year ?
   Sorry for all these questions, I seem to have arrived well after
the curtain rose in this play...

It's not beyond possibility that it's a Crinum; there is a white
one which yours vaguely resembles, C. powellii v. album.
When I hear back from you, I'll send the picture off to a fellow
in Tallahassee who might well be able to ID it.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7