Re: Without seeming contentious

When I was first married, my then husband used to fence and kept his
foils hanging on the wall in our bedroom.  We lived in San Francisco.
 Probably 3 times a week, I'd hear those things clanking together in
the night.  At first it was unsettling, but you soon get used to it.
Minor quakes are part of life if you live in a quake prone
area...it's the big daddies that make you real nervous.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
> My first and only experience with an earthquake was during a stay
in
> Tokyo. I was sleeping peacefully when roused to consciousness by
the
> bed shaking. Remember thinking "This must be an earthquake" before
> going back to sleep.
> Cathy
> On Monday, May 24, 2004, at 07:27 PM, james singer wrote:
>
> > I wish to point out that the vast majority of earthquakes, while
scary
> > to newbies residents and persons out of area, are not
destructive. And