From: F M Ferrari [mailto: fm4re@swbell.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] clay pots/Dillon Seed Co

OMG This was something we were FORBIDDEN to do growing up for fear
that<br>neighbors would think my family "just got off da boat!" It's
really not<br>just an Italian thing for I've seen it in Mexican
neighborhoods too.<br>It's that Catholic thing and especially the BVM
worship. Of course I<br>guess that it's in my genes for I've got a St.
Francis of Assisi (my<br>patron saint) statue and a small "shrine" type
<bkelson@ix.netcom.com> wrote:<br>Hi Kitty,<br>There are areas in N.
Denver which were influenced by the Italian<br>Immigrants. It seems they
used the old Tubs upended and created Grottos for<br>the
Gardening mag that shows how a designer<br>> used such a tub in a small
garden. All you see is the top as it is inside<br>a<br>> sort of raised
bed that surrounds a patio. Very chic. If your DH saw<br>that,<br>>
maybe he'd go for it.<br>><br>>
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com