Re: bathtubs, shrines, etc.

Fatima is Arabic. Fatma is Turkish. Do not confuse the two in Ms. Fatma's presence unless you have earned your black belt.

On Friday, June 4, 2004, at 09:06 PM, Kitty wrote:

Fatima...Fatma....Coincidence?......I don't know.....pretty close......

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bathtubs, shrines, etc.

Thanks, Fran. Marvelous idea. You really want me to get smacked, right?

On Friday, June 4, 2004, at 05:40 PM, F M Ferrari wrote:

Can't resist . . . Maybe you could do a shrine for Our Lady of
Fatma!!!!!

Ohhhhh, I now must go to confession!!!! Fran

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
Okay, I'm convinced. Tomorrow I will start my quest for a discarded
bathtub. And I will visit one [two, if necessary] of our concrete
statuary merchants to find a virgin Mary that fits inside the bath tub.
And I will create an Italian shrine somewhere here at the plantation.

Meantime, please remember that Ms. Fatma is Muslim ["not a terrorist,"
I tell people at work while not making eye contact, but occasionally a
Holy Terror] so we may end up with a second bathtub [somehow I don't
think Muslims do this, but I'll ask first--would be really, really
funny if they did; I mean REALLY, REALLY FUNNY] with a statue of
Ali--if the concrete statuary merchants have such [probably not,
because they are mostly Italians, cranking out Marys and like most
Italians and/or Americans, have no idea who Ali was].